This Biryani is famous not only in India but all over the world also. It is usually served with Mirchi Ka Salan and Raitha followed by a very tasty dessert Khubani ka Meetha. The real taste of the dish depends on the way of chicken marination and the spices used.
|Main Ingredients||Chicken, Basmati rice, Indian Spices,|
For Biryani Masala
1 inch cinnamon sticks 2 pieces
6 to 7 cloves
5 to 6 cardamoms
1 tsp shahi jeera/caraway seeds
1/4 pieces nutmeg/Jaiphal
1 star anise
3 grams biryani ka phool/black stone flower
3 sticks Marathi moggu/kapok buds small
1 piece mace/Japatri
750 grams Chicken Biryani cut
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
salt as per the taste
2 to 3 tsp red chili powder
1 tbsp green chili paste
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
chopped mint leaves a handful
3 medium onions very thinly sliced
200 grams thick yogurt
6 tbsp oil pre-boiled
2 to 3 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
1. Soak rice for half an hour.rinse for 2 to 3 times before cooking.
2. Preparing Biryani Masala
3. Put cinnamon sticks, cloves, cardamoms, shahi jeera, nutmeg, anise star, biryani ka phool or black stone flower, Marathi moggu, mace or Japatri in a blender and grind them into a coarse powder and keep aside.
4. Use 1 1/2 to 2 tsp of Biryani Masala powder for 750 grams of chicken.
1. Cut the onions into very thin long slices.heat oil for deep fry.
2. Fry onions till they turn into golden brown color.they will become crispy soon after you take out from oil.
1. Rinse chicken thoroughly, add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, biryani masala, ginger garlic paste, green chili paste, chopped mint leaves, yogurt and lemon juice.
2. Crush fried onions with your fingers while adding.
3. Pour oil.you can use the oil that was used for frying the onions.
4. let the marinade rest for 1 to 2 hours
1. Rinse the soaked rice for 2 to 3 times.
2. Take a vessel, add enough water so the rice can move freely in the water.
3. Add salt until the water tastes salty.
4. Add whole spices, mint and bring the water to a boil.
5. When the water starts to boil add the soaked rice.
6. After adding soaked rice, water stops to boil.so bring it to a boil again and cook for 3 minutes.
7. After 3 minutes turn off the flame and strain out the water immediately.
Cooking Chicken Biryani
1. Take a thick bottomed vessel, grease it with oil.
2. Add the chicken marinade, 2 tbsp of ghee/clarified butter and spread it evenly.
3. Add rice and spread it over the marinade.
4. put some fried onions and fresh mint leaves on the rice.
Cover it with clean damp cloth or aluminium foil and place lid over it.
Cook it for 12-15 minutes on high flame and 5 minutes on low flame.
Turn off the heat and let it rest for some time.
Be aware not to cook rice for more than 3 minutes.If you cook the rice completely , it will become mushy when you add it to the marinade for further cooking. Tastes will be more good if served with raita.